Sunday, November 17, 2013

Stupid Things I Paid for this Week

Hi there.

So, you guessed it.

This post is about dumb shit I was forced to pay for this week.

1. $48 for a dress that I dropped off to have hemmed and cleaned in APRIL. Yes, April. The very nice woman called me and told me in her voicemail that it's a "very nice dress" four times. And then, the day I wore it to work, 3 people said "that's a very nice dress." And it took everything in me to say "I KNOW IT'S A NICE DRESS AND IT WAS $48.00 THANKYOUVERYMUCH." But I didn't. I thanked them and then cried in the bathroom as I admired my very nice dress.

2. A damn parking ticket. Okay, I haven't actually paid it yet, because I got it yesterday. Is it just me or are the signs in NW VERY confusing? It is $39.00 so now, because it's the rule - I have to sell something for $40.00. Who wants to buy my Jack Lulane Juicer for $40? I don't know how to spell that guys name, but he's dead, so he'll never know. (Do you like how I just assumed that if he were alive, he'd read my blog?)

3. Wine, cheese and crackers. I sold $22.00 worth of clothes at the second hand store yesterday and then I bought these "essentials" as I like to call them to take with me to Cannon Beach. Because one cannot truly enjoy the view of Haystack Rock from Stephanie Inn without wine, cheese and crackers. It was one of the most relaxing evenings/mornings I've had in a very long time. That's a lie, by the way. You need nothing, but to breathe in order to enjoy the Stephanie Inn. Go there now if you have not been. Go alone or take a man whom you'd like to make out with. Either way, it's a good spot.

4. Oh! Okay, I couldn't remember if there was anything else - technically I haven't paid for this just yet. So, I own 6 pairs of shoes. Two of those are black heels for work. You know when your heels get so worn down you sound like a god damn jack hammer when you're walking on cement or any flooring other than carpet? Yeah, that happened. The old Jamie would just go buy a new pair. The new (and not-so-improved) Jamie went to the shoe repair man for new heel things and a shine! Fancy! It's only $12 a pair. I have to pick them up on December 11. I put a reminder on my calendar, but don't let me forget.

So - I'm still in the positive, I haven't over-drafted my account and I haven't used a credit card this month. Winning!

What are some stupid things you spent money on this week?

Happy Sunday, folks! My goal tomorrow is to wake up 30 minutes before I have to leave for work.


4 comments:

  1. I mayyyyy be tempted to buy your juicer... Although I have a feeling it will just sit on my kitchen shelf. I want you to be able to buy your wine and cheese- Let me think about it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, it is what I aspire to do (not really, but I bet it made you feel better for a second). I spent $5 on a gallon of organic whole milk for my kid. sounds legit, but she hates it, which makes it a stupid purchase. boooo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would buy your juicer but only if you really want to see it go. Plus.... Jack may be offended.
    You are doing good btw. I am in a similar situation right now but without the steady job. Thankfully I have a pretty nice guy whom I live with that really enjoys paying for stuff. What a weirdo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to buy your juicer if it's still available for sale... u know where I work at let me know if I can still buy it
    Rikaz

    ReplyDelete