Saturday, November 23, 2013

Turns out, I'm rich!


I'm on day 23 of the spending freeze, folks! And guess what!? I'm rich! When I don't spend much money all month, but the end of the month I see a bigger number in my checking account (and savings!) than I've seen before. It's a wonderful feeling. Today I am celebrating with a peppermint mocha (my first coffee of the month!) while I blog. And yes, I'm justifying the coffee purchase, because tonight I am babysitting, so - as planned, I am still not spending my paycheck on frivolous things. 

Oh! Yesterday I got free tequila! This was probably the most exciting thing that happened all week. (I know, right?) After a particularly shitty week (and let me insert a little note here by saying that my "shitty" week really wasn't that shitty at all - I understand that my bad days are not actually bad days. It's all relative), anyhow, some tequila with my soul sister, Tina (new/fabulous colleague whom I love and adore) went for a little tequila shootin' and whatdayaknow! The gentleman next to us picked up the tab. That's what happens when you look desperate for somethin' to soothe your soul on Friday at 5:02pm. 

I don't know where I'm going with this blog post. 

Okay, so for the spending confession of the week: yesterday I spent $7.19 on eyeliner. Why is that so expensive? I could use a damn permanent marker from work for crying out loud. 

One of the most difficult things about the spending freeze is not being able to purchase gifts (Chel, if you're reading this, I know what you're thinking). Let's be real, people, I'm a TERRIBLE gift giver. (Thanks, Mom.) Last night me and some of my lovely lady friends celebrated one of our favorites, Brianne, and I gave her a used gift. Yes, this happened. I did call Chel to ask her the level of tacky-ness. It was relatively low, BECAUSE the gift was a cute little jewelry case (kind of looked like a trapper keeper as Chelsea so kindly pointed out) and I put three of my Stella & Dot pieces that reminded me of B inside. I wouldn't typically gift used things, but this was different, because the pieces really hadn't actually been worn. Plus, B is a jewelry/accessories lover so I knew she'd enjoy them. 

For Christmas gifts I am planning ahead and purchasing inexpensive gifts from Etsy. And when I say planning ahead, let me clarify that I'll start purchasing gifts the first week of December. 

This month I put almost $1,200.00 toward debt! Aaaand $20.00 in savings. Poco a poco. 

Also, I've lost like 6 lbs. Please note, I'll be brining A LOT of tupperware to Thanksgiving this year. 

More updates to come, but it's nap time for me and the babies (also known as kitties who I think are human babies, apparently). 

P.S. Naps are freeeeee! So is working out, but that's just silly. 

Happy Saturday, folks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment